I wanted to just update everyone on my eye issue. Sorry for the update this way but this is the quickest and easiest way to update everyone. Well I went back to the eye doctor yesterday and unfortunately my eye isn't getting much better so they did have to do injections. They numbed my eye so all I really felt was pressure but yesterday my eye hurt so bad and is still hurting pretty bad today. I have a huge blister like thing on my eye too which is the steroid. They told me that it might be up to a week for it to completely go away. It is smaller today so I can close my eye but it was so big yesterday and that I couldn't really even close my eye. I still have to do the drops too and have to do antibiotic drops so my eye doesn't get infected where they did the injection. My doctor is also concerned about what is causing this iritis to be so bad so he sent me to get labs and x-rays done yesterday as well. I am trying to stay strong with it all but I am in alot of pain and I am pretty scared too. I have been trying to hide it from McKenna but it is amazing how much she can pick up. She was talking to my dad on the phone yesterday and she said "mommy's sad." That just about broke my heart.
I go back to the eye doctor again next week and he will re-evaluate to see if more injections are needed or if the drops will do. I should also have all of the lab results back then too. Thanks again to everyone that has prayed and helped out and offered to help. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and group of friends and I couldn't do this without all of you. You all mean so much to me!
I thought I would also post a pic too. There is no way I would post a picture of me right now. (you would think I was some Hollywood type since I were my glasses every where I go. Especially with this awful blister!) But I have been keeping cold packs on my eye and I got up to do something and here was McKenna on the couch copying me with the cold pack!
No comments:
Post a Comment