Some of you already know the latest update with my eye but for those of you that don't I wanted to give a quick update. Unfortunately my eye is not getting better. I called the dr. last Wednesday b/c the pain after the injection was still so bad. He had me come in and told me that the injection did not work. He said he was not sure what was going on that he basically put a steroid bomb in my eye and it didn't help and only made it worse and that my vision was even worse. He told me that if I believed in a higher power that I should start praying. I told me that I definitely believed and that we were praying and will continue to do so. He gave me some strong pain medicine to help with the pain but didn't really know what else to do. Since this doctor had not seen a case like mine I went to a specialist for uveitis. There are only 4 in Texas and thankfully one is in Dallas. I went there on Friday and he confirmed that I had a bad case of uveitis and that yes the injection didn't work at all. He started me back on the drops every 30min to 1 hour and I go back this week for re-evaluation. He said his main goal is to get the inflammation under control and then we will work on trying to reverse my vision. My vision is very limited and I can only see blurred objects out of that eye. Since that eye is so bad I am not supposed to drive and it is also making me very dizzy and I am still having the bad headaches. Sweet McKenna is being such a trooper with all of this. She is the one that I feel so bad for. She is used to going and doing and seeing friends and for the past 3 weeks we have not been able to do that. Every day she asks me "Mommy, your eye hurt?" She is such a sweet little girl!!
On Sunday though I did get out for the first time (other than doctor appts) to go to Calebs dedication! I was not going to let this bad eye keep me from being apart of this special day! It was a great day and was very special to Katie, Josh and Caleb. There were so many family and friends there to support them during this time. You can read more about it at Katie's blog. Here is a picture though that Katie sent me of McKenna and Caleb!!

Thank you again for all of your prayers, support and help that you have given me and my family during this time. I have been so very blessed by such wonderful family and friends and I thank God for you daily.
2 comments:
Thanks for making the outing to the dedication. It meant so much to have you there! I just love our precious kiddos! We keep praying for your eye!
Thanks for making the outing to the dedication. It meant so much to have you there! I just love our precious kiddos in that picture! We keep praying for you!
Post a Comment