Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lack of posts.....

Well it is no longer snowing here and it is just beautiful outside but you wouldn't know it by looking at my blog! I will post more and pics soon but I recently got diagnosed with irits/uveitis and my eye is very sensitive to light and it hurts to look at the screen. A week ago Sunday my eye began to hurt. Finally on Thursday I thought that is wasn't allergies and I better go to the doctor. Well my family doctor worked me in with the NP and she told me I had pink eye and told me to take these drops and it would get better in a few days. WRONG!!! It got so much worse. I was in some of the worst pain ever this weekend. It felt like I had the worst migrane ever just in one eye and it was so bad that it hurt even to lay on a pillow. I usually have a high pain tolerance and don't like to take things for pain but I was even taking 2 hydrocodines at a time. I called the after hours line and the answering service person told me that eye pain wasn't an emergency so I had to call back on Monday during normal business hours. Well I decided to just go to an ophthalmologist and skip my doctor since I was still a little mad about the Saturday call. The ophthalmologist told me that I had irits/uveitis and he was very upset that I was told that eye pain was not an emergency. He had asked me why I didn't come in sooner and when I told him that I did and was told that it was pink eye and even tried calling over the weekend he told me that if I had waited much longer I could have lost some of my sight. Well right now the treatment that I am on is steroid eye drops every hour (yes even at night I have to wake every hour to put drops in.) He told me I have to do it that often b/c of how bad it is. The directions on the bottle say 4 times a day. I have to do this for a week and then go back to see him. Then he will tell me if I still have to keep doing the drops this often or if I can go down to every 2-3 hours. If it hasn't changed much he said he will have to do steroid injections in my eye. Also with this type that I have he told me I will most likely be doing treatments for 8-10 weeks. The pain will get better in time but I will still have the inflammation. So with that being said I am not getting much sleep and taking care of a 2 year old with everything else so little time and energy is left for blogging! With the exception of the eye stuff we have had some great times! Easter, eggs hunts, kimball art museum etc. All the pics are still on my camera but my goal this week is to atleast get them on the computer and then slowly into the blog so just bare with me and know that updates and pics will be coming!!

3 comments:

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Oh my goodness, Angie. I've never even heard of that, but it sounds awful! Feel better soon!!!

Sarah said...

Ouch! That sounds awful! If you need me to come and get McKenna for the day, just let me know. I hope your eye is back to 100% very soon. :)
PS You should call your doctor and tell them that they misdiagnosed you. It sounds like they need to do some research so that they don't make the same mistake again. It is scary to think that you could have lost your vision!

Judy said...

that is THE WORST!!! Feel better soon!!!

xx