Thursday, March 6, 2008

Only in Texas!!

Well it is March 6th and we have about 3 inches on snow!! Only in Texas can you be at the playground one day in short sleeve shirts and then 24 hours later be bundled up playing in the snow! Yesterday after McKennas nap it was so beautiful that we went to play at the park. Today she woke up to snow! It was snowing huge flakes too. It was beautiful. She had so much fun in the snow. The first thing that she wanted to do was to make a snowman. Well Daddy and I made one for her and she did so good helping with the carrot nose and M&M eyes! (don't laugh I know it is kind of lame but McKenna liked it!) She even had a little conversation with him. It was pretty cute! She is very into her Frosty book right now so maybe she even thought it would come to life like Frosty....who knows! We also attempted snow angels! She laid down at first and wasn't so sure so she then decided to lay on me while I made snow angels so she didn't have to get wet! I think that she would have stayed out there all afternoon. We would go out for a little while and then we would tell her that we needed a warm up break and then we would go back again. Once it started to get dark we came in for good and curled up on the couch and watched one of McKennas new favorites...The Sound of Music...or "Singing" as McKenna calls it! The way things are looking it is going to snow even more during the night and be here still in the morning so I know we will have another fun morning playing in the snow! Here are some pictures from the fun afternoon!
McKenna and Frosty!

I love the snow!



Making a snowball!

This is great!


Talking to Frosty!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So fun... Can you believe that it snowed in March??? Maybe I should have made Clayton's birthday party theme "Winter Wonderland." :)