Monday, January 14, 2008

McKenna is 2!

This past Wednesday on January 9th, McKenna turned two. I can't believe my little girl is two. The time is just going by so fast and she is turning into a little girl more and more everyday. She was so excited this year about her birthday. The entire week before she would tell anyone that she came in contact with "I be 2, I have Elmo party and eat a piece of ice cream!" She even told the little old lady checking us out at Walmart. It was so fun seeing her excitement of it all! (I think that helped me in not being as emotional as I was last year on her birthday) She had so many people call her on her birthday to wish her a happy birthday too and it was so cute hearing her tell everyone that she was two! She also sang Happy Birthday to herself all day long and kept asking me to sing Happy Birthday! We had our little gymnastics class that morning and the coach told me that I could bring cupcakes and have a little party for her there. She was so excited to have a birthday party at gymnastics! Coach Jason got her a balloon and her best little gymnastics buddy Elise brought her a little gift. After gymnastics I took her to get a fish! She had been wanting a fish like Dorothy on Elmo! She picked the one out that she liked and was so proud of her fish! When I asked her what she wanted to name it she said "Orange" so Orange it is! We also went to eat lunch with Daddy. Since Todd had class that night he wouldn't have been able to see her on her birthday if we hadn't of met him for lunch so I am glad that we were able to have that time with him. That night Mimi, Granddad and Katie all came over and took us out to eat for her b-day and then we came back to the house for presents! She was very excited about her new toys especially the set of 5 elmos that Mimi found!!
On Saturday we had her Sesame Street party! Everything went great and McKenna had such a great time with all of her little friends here. They played in her bounce house and her new sandbox. Thankfully it wasn't an ice storm this year like it was last year on her party! She was so excited about all of her new goodies! There were so many people that came and made her party so special! Thanks again to all of you that made McKennas birthday and party so special for her! It means so much to us all!! Enjoy the pictures!


No comments: