Monday, September 10, 2007

Football Fan!

First of all I am sorry for not updating this like I should. Things have been crazy busy and the last thing I have had time for is the computer but I will try and do better! Last Monday on Labor Day we took McKenna to her first football game and tailgate party. SMU played Texas Tech. Todd and some people he is in school with all wanted to meet up and go to the tailgate and game so we went and brought McKenna along with us. Since Todd is practically one of the only ones married in his school program and he is also the only one with a kid in his group so McKenna was really the only kid there. Those of you that know McKenna though know that she didn't mind it at all as long as she could explore and get attention from everyone! She did great at the tailgate and was trying to catch the smoke from the barbecue. It was pretty funny watching her. Unfortunately is wasn't the best of day weather wise because it rained most of the time but McKenna didn't care. She kept singing rain rain go away and kept saying "wet" but didn't seem to mind. We weren't sure how she would take to the game but she did great. Everytime the crowd would scream and cheer she would stop what she was doing and clap and shout "yeah!" We were sitting in the student section so it was pretty crazy and very loud but McKenna loved the action and the attention. She had several girls ask her if she was going to go to SMU when she was older. (we will see about that!) Here is one picture from the game. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead so I only got one picture.
Todd and I are both very excited that we have a little football fan. Yesterday as soon as we turned the TV on football McKenna shouted "Football yeah!" She watched part of the Cowboy game with us last night and she was go cute clapping and shouting "go go go", "Oh Man," and "run, run, run." She is also so good at her "touchdown Cowboys" now too. She just puts her little hands up in the touchdown sign and smiles real big! Hopefully she will help us cheer on the Cowboys to a great year!!

1 comment:

kprice said...

Hi,

We were there, too. We were in a box but spent a lot of time in the bounce houses. We also tailgated for over an hour, too. Oh, I wish we knew you were going to be there!

Love,

Kara