Well I have finally got some new pictures up. It seems like each day gets crazier and crazier around here and McKennas nap gets shorter and shorter! I feel like I can't keep up with anything these days! We have been busy but having fun! The new thing around here are McKennas obsessions! The first one is Rainbow (AKA Dumbo - you know the flying elephant!) A couple of weeks ago I decided to show McKenna some of the favorite Disney movies. I do not know what it is about Dumbo but she loves it. She doesn't care for any of the others. Also for some reason she calls it Rainbow. (She is now starting to call it Dumbo more but sometimes still calls it Rainbow) A couple days into the obsession Todd was playing with her one morning while I was getting ready. He came in and said what is Rainbow I have know idea what she wants?!? McKenna was crying and having a huge tantrum on the floor because she was wanting to watch Rainbow and was mad at her Dad because he wasn't putting it on. She was screaming "watch Rainbow" "watch Rainbow." She was happy as soon as rainbow was put in. (I know...I just reinforced that behavior)
Her other obsession is her Chicken Dance Elmo. She loves him and is such a good little mommy to him! She feeds him, changes his diaper, dresses him in jammies, takes him to play and he also watches movies with her. Last week I heard her saying" lay down Elmo, no Elmo, lay down, diapie change, you poopy!" I went in there and she had him on the floor and was putting one of her diapers on him (Can you tell we are not enjoying diaper changes!) She hates to change her diaper now and fights me almost everytime. So I guess Elmo was fighting her and she was telling him what I tell her! It is just so fun watching her and this imaginary play that is developing! She is at such a great and fun stage right now! (I know...I say that at every stage!)
Today we had a photo shoot for McKenna. Most of you know that she did some modeling for JCPenny's when she was younger. Well we haven't done much lately because JCPenny's who is the biggest place in the Dallas area to model for rarely uses children from 1 year-3 years old. Well today I found out why! Lets just say that getting McKenna to stay still and be happy to get her picture taken is not an easy event. Yesterday we got a call saying that Family Dollar wanted McKenna to come in for a shoot. This is the first one we have done since February and I didn't expect to really do any for another year or so but I told them we would be there. This was for a holiday ad. They wanted 2 18-20 month olds, 1 two year old and one four year old in one picture together. They also wanted them standing on a couch holding presents! You can only imagine how that went! It was a little crazy! I felt so bad for the photographer and the assistant! Trying to get 4 kids of that age to stand still, be happy and take a picture is not easy! Each of the kids had back-ups too so in all there were 8 kids there. They ended up shooting all 8 and basically will use whatever group picture is the best of the 4 kids so it isn't even a guarantee that McKenna will be in the ad. I am not even sure if McKenna smiled really. She was too obsessed with the bubbles that they were blowing and would get upset everytime they would stop. So when it gets closer to Christmas keep a look out for the Family Dollar ads!
Anyways....here are some recent pictures! I will try and keep this updated more often! I hope that everyone is doing well!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment