Monday, January 12, 2009

McKenna is 3!

I can hardly believe it but my little girl turned 3 this past Friday! It seems like only yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital but then I can barely remember my life without her. She is truly the greatest gift God could have given me and I love her so much. Part of me gets a little sad on her birthday because that just means that she is one year older but then it is also so exciting to see how she is growing and changing. She is such a little girl now even though she will always be my baby!
We had a 3 day celebration of her birthday this year. It started out on Thursday when I took cupcakes up to her little school and we had a little school birthday for her there! She was so excited and happy and as soon as I walked in the door she started chanting "cupcakes. cupcakes" and then the rest of the kids started in too. Poor Miss Tara....I really did feel bad getting them all sugared up for her!
McKenna and her sweet little class



We couldn't do real candles so they all pretended to blow out their candles!



What a happy birthday girl!



Then on Friday her actual birthday we went to Chuck E Cheese for lunch and a couple of her little friends joined us and Katie, Josh and Caleb met us up there too. When I asked her where she wanted to go on her b-day she told me Disney World but when I told her that wasn't really and option she voted for her second favorite place....Chuck E Cheese! That night of her b-day Mimi, Grandad, Katie, Josh and Caleb all came over for some more celebrating and cupcakes!! She also opened some presents too which she loves!



Mckenna and Chuck E Cheese!




McKenna is still learning the underhand throw with skee ball!!


McKenna and her two sweet friends Shelby and Landry!



McKenna had so much fun playing with Uncle Josh and Caleb!




Uncle Josh is the best!



Grandad with his two pride and joys!



Present Time!


McKenna is good at this unwrapping presents!



On Saturday we had her "Sleeping Beauty Party!" She had a great time! We had it at the Puppet Show and they did Sleeping Beauty so it was perfect since McKenna loves the princesses these days! Everyone had a great time and it all seemed to go pretty good (even though I was a little stressed for most of it!!!) Those of you mommy's know how birthday party's can be!!




All set up for the party!



The Yummy Cake!




Our gang took up half of the seating!

Happy Birthday to McKenna!

Ready to blow out the candles!


McKenna loves her cake and ice cream!

Happy Birthday to the Best Little 3 year old! We love you very much McKenna!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Kenners!!! Her birthday party was perfect - Clayton had so much fun! That is a really neat place that you had it at. And, I thought to myself several times that you seemed really laid back. If you were stressed, you didn't show it!

PS I love the picture of all the kiddos sitting at the Puppet Show. Clayton and McKenna sharing popcorn is too cute!