Along with the fact of the past two weeks being crazy they have also been very emotional for me too. Even though I know this new house will be much better for our family I am so sad about leaving my house. We have been there 7 years and they have been 7 great years and there are so many memories in that house. It was our first home together, the home we brought McKenna home to and so much more. The hardest thing to leave is McKennas room. I loved her room and put so much work into it. I spent hours and hours and hours while I was 7 and 8 months pregnant painting the mural on her wall. It was also the room that many hours were spent rocking, reading books and just loving on my little girl. It is hard for me to think that I will never go into that room again and get her up from bed or never rock her in that room the way I have done for the past 2 1/2 years. Saturday night I went over there for one last time and I was very emotional. It just hit me that this would be the last time for me to see it this way and I just broke down. It is also hard to leave our deck outside. Todd, my dad, Josh and Afi built it. They spent so many hours on it and we called it McKennas deck. They built it when she was a little baby because she loved to swing so much and they wanted to have a place to put a swing for her in the back yard. She loved going outside and swinging, driving her car and playing! Lots of great memories! I know that new memories will be made in the new house and I look forward to those but change is hard even when it is good change.
A little bit about the new house.....It is just 2 streets away from our old house! Yes I think that is kind of crazy too but we love the neighborhood, all of the friends we have there and we just didn't want to leave but needed some more space. Todd had always wanted to build on to our home but when we found out that it would be $40,000 to build on a gameroom we decided it is much more economical to just buy a larger home. This new house is really not much bigger. Just 400 sq. feet but it is just enough for us. It has 4 bedrooms instead of 3 and it also has a loft/gameroom when you get to the top of the stairs. It also has 2 1/2 baths instead of 2. So we will be able to have a guest room again so anyone is welcome to come visit. (you may have to bring your own bed though since we probably won't have a bed in there at first!!) Also I have been told by everyone that has seen it or pictures of it that it looks alot like my old house and it really does! The downstairs is almost the exact same layout with the exception of the secondary bedrooms being upstairs. They have some nice upgrades in the home too so hopefully besides painting, fixing the fence and a few other cosmetic things there won't be too much to do when we move in.
Here are some pictures of our old house! It will truly be a home that is missed very much!
Now with the first move being behind me I will try and be better about blogging too. I will also post updates on the house to so check back. In November though if you don't see many updates we are probably on move #2! I will be back though!
3 comments:
It is amazing how we become attached to these "things". It is the memories that are most important though, and we will all remember that house with love!
Wow Angie, I am so impressed with that mural! You are so talented! I am sure you will love your new home :)
I totally understand. David and I both miss our old house too. It doesn't matter how much better the new one is, you can never replace those memories, especially of bringing the kids home for the first time. You'll have great new memories too. The day we all moved to our new home, Nathan was walking among the boxes and piles of things the movers left and it suddenly hit him. He just yelled, "Hey, that's mine!"
Post a Comment