On Tuesday though I did pretty good. I held back the tears b/c I didn't want to upset McKenna any but I missed her the whole day and was so excited to go and get her. (and I only went 15 minutes early!) She had the biggest smile on her face when I came to get her and that just made my day! At least she was still happy to come home! She made a cute little art project that she was so proud of and talked about all of the fun things that she did that day. She even told me stories about the little trouble maker in her class! Here are a few pics from her first day. They aren't the best first day pictures because she was just too excited about going to school and didn't want to stay still or pose for me! Maybe I will try reenacting it this weekend when I can have some help in getting her to pose but for now here are the ones that we have!!!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
McKennas First Day of School
This week McKenna started her very first Mothers Day out program. She did great!!! (I on the other hand had a much harder time!) Last week we went to meet her teacher, Mrs. Tara. McKenna was a little shy the first two minutes but then you would have thought she had known the other kids her whole life! She had so much fun making her little hat that the teacher had for her to make and playing with the kids and was so excited about starting school! The teacher was talking to me and asking me about McKenna and having me fill out a little info sheet on her likes, dislikes, personality etc and I just lost it. I can't believe I even cried at meet the teacher! Usually the kids cry when the mommies leave but it was just the opposite with us. I just can't belive how much she is growing up and that she is already the age for preschool. For the past two and a half+ years it has just been us most of the time and even though I know the time apart is good for both of us it is just a little hard for me to let her go.
On Tuesday though I did pretty good. I held back the tears b/c I didn't want to upset McKenna any but I missed her the whole day and was so excited to go and get her. (and I only went 15 minutes early!) She had the biggest smile on her face when I came to get her and that just made my day! At least she was still happy to come home! She made a cute little art project that she was so proud of and talked about all of the fun things that she did that day. She even told me stories about the little trouble maker in her class! Here are a few pics from her first day. They aren't the best first day pictures because she was just too excited about going to school and didn't want to stay still or pose for me! Maybe I will try reenacting it this weekend when I can have some help in getting her to pose but for now here are the ones that we have!!!




On Tuesday though I did pretty good. I held back the tears b/c I didn't want to upset McKenna any but I missed her the whole day and was so excited to go and get her. (and I only went 15 minutes early!) She had the biggest smile on her face when I came to get her and that just made my day! At least she was still happy to come home! She made a cute little art project that she was so proud of and talked about all of the fun things that she did that day. She even told me stories about the little trouble maker in her class! Here are a few pics from her first day. They aren't the best first day pictures because she was just too excited about going to school and didn't want to stay still or pose for me! Maybe I will try reenacting it this weekend when I can have some help in getting her to pose but for now here are the ones that we have!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Welcome back to the blogging world, Angie! She looks adorable!
Welcome back to the blogging world, Angie! She looks adorable!
Don't feel bad - the first day of school always makes me cry, too. They are just growing up too fast!
I love McKenna's first day of school outfit. Only you would have a shirt with an apple applique for the occasion! :)
My little girl is growing up to fast. - Grandad loves you.
My little girl is growing up to fast. Grandad loves you.
Just wait till the first time you go to pick her up and she says she doesn't want to go home! Great pictures, btw!
Post a Comment