Lake Tahoe was beautiful! The weather was so nice too. We felt so bad for everyone back in Dallas with 100 degree weather when we had 80 degree weather in Tahoe. We did so many fun things. We did some hiking, boating, lots of walking, and a horse back ride through the mountains. The ride was great but I had the slowest horse ever. I was also the very last one so at times I felt like I was on my own little ride because the others would turn a corner and there was Lucy (the horse) and I just poking along. I just kept praying that a bear wouldn't come or something like that! One day we also drove out to Reno and spent a day there. It isn't Vegas but it is definitely fun! After spending 4 days in Tahoe we drove to Sonoma and spent the last two days there. It was beautiful and we were there at a perfect time. The grapes were all still on the vines and on one of the tours they let us taste the grapes and said that they would be picking them in about 3 days.
Even though we had a great time I was ready to get back to my little girl! The plane ride home was very long because I was so excited to see her! She came to pick us up at the airport and we both had the biggest smiles on our faces to see each other. (and those of you that know I cry at everything know that I had some "happy tears" too) Hopefully we will get to go back to Tahoe someday and next time we say that we will take McKenna to see this beautiful place!


2 comments:
I'm glad y'all had a much needed vacation! It's such a beautiful region!!
YEA!!! It looks like y'all had fun! Can't wait to hear more about it.
Post a Comment